Tuesday, August 28, 2012

THINGS ONLY HEARD IN A LAB


As you all may or may not know, I work in a clinical laboratory.
 
 
Some things happen within the confines of the lab that are normal for us, but may be foreign to those who don’t know better. And many things are said that make perfect sense to us, but might elicit some double takes and eye popping from a layman. I thought I might share some things that you will only hear in a laboratory.

In no particular order...


1.      I’ll take care of those butt swabs.

2.      Who wants to look at my trichomonas?

3.      I just broke Wind (specific to Nordx Bramhall Clinical Lab)

4.      I am the Diff princess…not the C. Diff princess.

5.      Who’s the fucking Cyclops? (when sitting down at a microscope)

6.      That poop needs to be liquid to run.

7.      I’ve been drowning in piss all night!

8.      Is that smell the hematology waste or is it you?

9.      You could bake bread with this urine…(ew!)

10.  Dude, this guy’s name is Richard (insert anything that has even a remote semblance to something sexual)
 
And to leave you with a few jokes:
 
What do you say to a lab tech who just got promoted?
 
                                    COAGULATIONS!!
 
Helium walks into a bar and the bartender says, “We don’t serve noble gases in here.”
Helium doesn’t react.
 
Sorry, all the good chemistry jokes Argon…

No comments:

Post a Comment